Microsoft used Windows Aero design language in Windows 7 that allowed the taskbar to be transparent on the computer, with Windows 8, the Aero was replaced with Microsoft’s new design language with bolder UI and less transparency.
In Windows 10, the taskbar can be made somewhat transparent from the settings, but you can’t make any changes to it except for changing taskbar color and toggling it on and off. To deal with this, Reddit user /u/IronManMark20 wrote a small program that lets you make the taskbar in transparent and make some other nifty customizations to it.
Making Taskbar Transparent /Translucent
Here is how you can do it:
If you don’t have 7zip installed on your computer, download it from here. After downloading the application, install it. If you have 7zip already, you can skip this.
- Download the TranslucentTB from here.
- Open the downloaded file using 7zip and extract all its contents anywhere on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and right click on TranslucentTB.exe
- Click on Create Shortcut and then cut the shortcut file.
- Open Run by pressing WIN+R on your keyboard.
- Paste the following in the text box and press Enter:
- Drag and drop the shortcut file to Startup folder.
- In the end, double click on the Shortcut to launch the application.
After following the above, the TranslucentTB will launch automatically every time you start your computer. To toggle between transparent and translucent just right click on its icon in your system key and select the appropriate option.
Do you know of any other way to make the taskbar transparent on Windows 10? Share with us in the comments below.
PS: Before anyone asks, you can download the wallpaper from here.