Spotify Has a Job for Barack Obama (No, Really)
“I’m still waiting on my job at Spotify… Cuz I know y’all loved my playlist,” Said Obama at White House reception last week. Well, I don’t think he will need to wait anymore.
There is a new job listing on Spotify’s website, and after reading the requirements, it seems like Obama will be a perfect fit for the job. Spotify CEO Daniel Elk even tweeted to Obama about a new role that he may be qualified for: Precedent of Playlists.
Website and after reading the requirements, it seems like Obama will be a perfect fit for the job. Spotify CEO Daniel Elk even tweeted to Obama about a new role that he may be qualified for: Precedent of Playlists.
The site states the following qualifications for the job:
Who you are:
- Have at least eight years experience running a highly-regarded nation.
- Familiar with the Spotify platform, with experience in programming playlists at a federal level. Anything from an eclectic summer playlist, to a celebratory, “I just found my birth certificate” playlist.
- Have good relationships with a wide range of artists and musicians. Ever had Kendrick Lamar play at your birthday bash? We’d love to hear about it!
- Can speak passionately about playlists at press events. Let us be clear, you should be nothing short of one of the greatest speakers of all time.
- A keen attention to detail and consistency. Able to work closely with other departments, so playlists can hold up to public scrutiny.
- Someone with good team spirit, excellent work ethic, a friendly and warm attitude, and a Nobel Peace Prize.
The list of requirements is pretty specific, and I can’t, for the love of god, think of anyone other than Obama for the job.
Do you complete the requirements? If yes you might as well want to try your luck before a precedent takes your place.